Thursday, November 10, 2011

International Nail Polish Swaps/Exchanges

*If you want to swap, leave me a message on Flickr or send me an email at prwnklii@yahoo.com*

I love exchanges, especially international ones! Most of you will probably be in Brazil, which is wonderful because there are a lot of amazing nail polishes over there that are hard to get. I am also open to swaps from other parts of the world, not just Brazil :D.

The only drawback, of course, is that it's expensive because of shipping :(. So I only do swaps of more than five polishes once in a while, since I also like sending extras for bigger swaps. I also prefer not to send anything that weighs more than 2 lb/32 oz (~1 kg), mostly because I'm worried that customs will get curious and open the package. It's illegal to ship nail polish without a special permit over here :(. I have had one international nail polish exchange package opened recently, but I was the recipient. Nothing happened. However, just as an extra precaution, I would prefer not to send anywhere that is it illegal outside of the US.

If you don't want extras (candy, stickers, etc.), we can just trade for more polishes instead :). I also love doing smaller swaps for four or less polishes with no extras. I can do them more often, as they are cheaper and faster.

For the customs form, I will ask that you please write 'cosmetics', mark the gift option, and set a low value.

I don't mind exchanging for lightly-used polishes (two full manicures or less) if they are hard to find or discontinued. Most of the time, though, our exchange will involve a custom purchase of polishes of your choice.

I'm in the US, and I have access to the following brands:

OPI
China Glaze
Orly
Essie
Zoya
Nubar
Nicole by OPI
Wet n Wild
Revlon
Chi
CQ
Jesse's Girl
Sally Hansen
Sinful
Borghese
Confetti
Finger Paints
Piggy Polish
Nina Pro Ultra
Milani
N.Y.C.
L.A. Colors
NYX
Essence
Ulta
Pixel

Please note that some colors may be discontinued/limited edition. I'll ask that you choose more nail polishes than we will be exchanging just in case I can't find some of them. Adding a variety of brands will ensure I don't have to contact you again with bad news that I was not able to find them.

Here are some nail polishes I would like to get (will be updated):

Panvel Angra
Ludurana Notavel

Rivka Serena
Rivka Jenny
Rivka Carrie
Mohda Topázio
Hits Can Can
Ozotic Pro 531 (Mish Mash)
Ozotic Pro 533 (Mish Mash)
Winmax Alpha Rainbow 2
Winmax Alpha Rainbow 6
Winmax Alpha Rainbow 9
Winmax Alpha Rainbow 10
 

Extas
I love sending/receiving candies, chocolate, and stickers. They're good extras that are generally not too heavy. If you're allergic to something, please let me know. I don't like used make-up besides nail polish, so please do not send me any of that. I also dislike candy with cinnamon or spicy flavors. Besides that, I will probably enjoy anything else lightweight, cheap, and cute that you could possibly send me (notepads, pens, nail stickers, etc.). Just please try not to send anything that makes too much noise when the box is moved. If you want something specific from the US that is not too heavy, expensive, or big, let me know and I'll try to get it for you.

Shipping
Once we both have our packages ready, we will ship on the same date. I will take photos of some of the items I am sending you, as well as the package itself. Packages are to be shipped using First Class, and they tend to take at least two weeks to arrive, so a little patience is required. All packages I send out will be well-wrapped with bubble wrap and crumpled paper. If we're trading less than five polishes, I use a yellow bubble mailer, otherwise a cardboard box will be used as I don't want anything to get damaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment