Thursday, August 18, 2011

OPI DS Couture JP

So, last time I mentioned I burned my hand. Well, it happened again, before it healed properly from the first time. I also burned a bit of my foot, and one of the side walls of my right index finger. Everything seems to be healing ok, though, so hopefully I will not have to swatch with my left hand for very long.

Anyway, today I finally got to wear DS Couture:





Got this polish from a lovely gal on MUA in a swap, along with China Glaze Spin Me Round (which I will be posting later). Color-wise, I don't know. Under certain lighting I love it, under others it's a bit meh. Would I pay $25+ for it? No. It's kind of orangey red, looks more red in the sun. In the bottle, it definitely looks lighter, so it kind of surprised me. I thought it would look way different from the regular US version. It's very holo, though, so that takes away from the dullness of the base color. I'm still wondering why the hell OPI did not make a good sky blue holo for the JP DS line, nor a scattered medium purple and a bright fuchsia. Ozotic Pros and Kaleidoscopes will have to come in and fill that void (which they are doing very nicely, by the way).

Now I just need two polishes to finish up my collection of the Japanese DS line (my biggest lemming for a good while) which I will hopefully get soon.  After that, I will have to move on to collecting the few Kaleidoscopes I want, and try to swap for more of those cute BKs:

Die MPJ holo lemming! Note to self: need more BK 20's.

I hope my end of the swap gets there soon so I can wear the BKs before the month is over :D.

So never fear, there will probably never be a shortage of holos to lust after. I'm still undecided over whether or not I need DS Design/Opening Night Gold, that BK up there seems to be a dupe. I might cave in later if I can get it at somewhat decent price, because I am a collector after all, and not having it will probably eat away at me slowly.

2 comments:

  1. LOL i was wondering where you got your BK holos from, then I recognized the gummy lolly :P

    I'm sure your package will arrive soon, so go ahead and try those holos! I want to see swatch pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're right. I mean, it's still in time, it's only been a week.

    Thank you! I will try out those holos :D.

    ReplyDelete