Monday, August 8, 2011

OPI DS Divine (JP)

Just got this polish today, after stalking it for months online.

Photos:
Before we go on to the JP version, here is the regular, discontinued US version:


Vibrant, super saturated fuchsia. A very red based linear holo.

Now, the Japanese version:

(Click to enlarge)




I do like it, but it's a lot pinker in real life than what I expected. These photos make it look more purple. The optimum number of coats is two. I put on three, thinking that it would make the effect more intense. It simply looks darker and opaque, and lost quite a bit of its charm. So two coats it is next time, a little sheer but not too much so, and it looks a lot more flattering on my skintone that way.

Here are comparisons (so you can also see the finish on DS Original JP):

(Click to enlarge)




What I should have done is to compare it with Ozotic Pro 606, which is a lot bluer. Because Divine is so pink, it reflects a lot of orangey, red tones in the sun, which also makes it look completely different than what it does inside. This is the exact same problem I have with Amethyst. In the shade, though, I have to say this is quite possibly the prettiest of all my holos. If there was a version without the large particles (sort of like Sapphire) I would want it too for when I need a break from the shiny.

2 comments:

  1. This is so amazing. The JP versions of the DS polishes look to have a similar holo effect as the china glaze kaleidoscope line? larger holographic particles.

    ReplyDelete